Sunday 27 January 2019

What look like to be Deaf?



Last  March, 1963 to April,1966 (3 years) my parent was First Apartment with me above Fish and Chip Resturant in Langley, England. 



I sat on my Mum's lap when I had bath and I got my left ear was ear infection.



My Dad and I was played outside at the backyard. 



My Mum DID for me, my Hearing Aid Body when I was 2 then changed to behind my ear from my Hearing Aid when I was 15 until present, Visual Ears and Closed Caption System, that it. 

Long time ago I was went to hearing school (Bracebridge Public School), Day Camp (at the gym in Bracebridge Public School), School Bus and 4-H Club also Sunday School but NO INTERPRETER that time.

I had watched tv without closed captions I used the pictures on the screen because it's hard to lip reading plus kept moved around and behind their back. I never asked what going on from tv programs.

I don't remember how my parent find out about closed caption from Sears without asked me or surprised for me as gift also 2 Visual Ears from Bracebridge Lion Club.

I had no flash light for alarm clock because I used regular clock but my Mum did most of it, awake me up for works and hearing school also no flash light for visual ear with my phone in my bedroom so she told me my phone rang.

I remember I used every second Saturday night phoned cheaper long distance to Ottawa, Ontario.

In Bracebridge, Ontario don't have any interpreter at my area so I was late learned sign language as toddler until 14 years old  instead right away after I was born.

No one as my relavaties, hearing teachers, hearing friends, Sunday School teachers and leaders don't want to learned Sign Language because never thought about it.

I used be hearing children's birthday parties from neighborhood and 
schoolhood.

My First just learned red flash fire alarms, flash light phone, old fashion TTY, flash light clock at School and Residence instead at home on the Fall 1979. 



No comments:

Post a Comment