Sunday 2 November 2014

Deaf Cultures

Deaf Cultures

Last June 1992 my son and I went to Charlene Le Blanc's house for our friend Carrie Downey's Bridal shower in Ottawa.
They are included are: FIRST ROW: Linda Fortus, Kim Ferguson, Charlene Le Blanc, Pamela Gow, my son, Rosemarie Poirier, Jane Quesnel, not sure who,
SECOND ROW: Juanita Miller, her daughter, Roxanne Mark, Carrie Downey and Barbara Downey

             Brittany 3 1/2 and Isabella 7 

Last Christmas Party 2003 from Canadian Hearing Society in North Bay, Ontario that my children and I went to FIRST Christmas Dinner at the Restaurant.
We slept over at my friend Elaine Gillies' place in Callander, Ontario near North Bay, Ontario by Saturday night.
Thank you for invited my children and I.



Last Friday August 21st at 11am - Sunday August 23rd, 2009 at 3pm FIRST TIME my children and I went to 6th Annual BBQ Pig Roast with Camping at Beavermead Park and Campground in Peterborough, Ontario.



Last Saturday December 15th, 2007 from 5pm - 1am I went to FIRST TIME Christmas Dinner and Dance from Peterborough District Deaf Association at 315 Reid St. in Peterborough, Ontario also I slept over night at my friend Kim and Chris Ferguson's place for one night.
Thank you for invited me.
 

Deaf Awareness Canada Wonderland every Saturday June 2001 - 2004 FIRST my children and I went to Canada Wonderland so we had lots of fun are lots of rides, games, eats, drinks, gift shop and lots of walking around for all day.
We did joined with deaf peoples from Ottawa, Ontario.
At 9580 Jane St, Vaughan near Toronto, Ontario and drove for 2 hours straight home in Bracebridge, Ontario.

                  Established: 1981


Last June 2001, my oldest son Warren was 9 years old and my young daughter Isabella was 4 1/2 years old.

Last June 2003 , my oldest son Warren  was 11 years old  and my young daughter Isabella was 7 1/2 years old. 





Last December 31st, 2008 FIRST I went to my friend Jonathan Baxter's place for Happy New Year Eve 2009 from 7pm - 9am for potluck and slept over night just one night in Ottawa, Ontario.
We shared our foods from potluck, bring our own drinks and long night chatted too.
I had lots of fun.
Thank you for invited me.

MY COMMENTS: NO PHOTO'S 

Last December 31st, 2009 FIRST TIME I went to my friend Vickie Mc Arthur's place for Happy New Year Eve 2010 from 7pm - 9am for potluck and slept over night just one night in Ottawa, Ontario.
We shared our foods from potlkuck, bring our own drinks and long night chatted too.
I had great time.
Thank you for invited me.

MY COMMENTS: NO PHOTO'S 


Ottawa Deaf Golden Age Club was established in 2000 and #1

Last Saturday September 11th, 2010 FIRST TIME I went to Cornfest at Britannia Park from Ottawa Deaf Golden Age Club by 9am - 4pm in Ottawa, Ontario.

They had BBQ hamburgers, hot dogs, corncob, cakes, chips, bottle of waters also had games, 50/50 draws, gift bags, gift certificates and money by cash. 

They cooked at BBQ for hamburger beefs and wieners. 


                  Lots of Corn Cobs

        The Deaf peoples totals are: 106.


                                That me

              President: Nancy Dillion

Last Saturday September 6th, 2014 SECOND TIME I went to Cornferst at Britannia Park from Ottawa Deaf Golden Age Club by 9am - 4pm in Ottawa, Ontario.

They had BBQ hamburgers, hot dogs, corn cob, cakes, chips, bottle of water also had games, 50/50 draws, gift bags, gift certificates and money by cash.


Lots of Hamburger Buns and 
Hot Dog Buns

                   Lots of Corn Cobs


                       Foods on the table 


              Me and  Rosemarie Poirier 

The Deaf peoples totals are: 113 also last year of 2013 was totals are: 98.


 No one will not take committee because no longer Cornfest since September 2018.
It's very sad.



No comments:

Post a Comment