Saturday 9 April 2016

# I'm Deaf? and # Why Deaf School?


# I'm Deaf?

I was born deaf for no reasons.
When I was mainstreamed at Bracebridge Public School from 1970 - 1979.
I was isolated in the class room, recess time and lunch at class room and outside also School Bus.
 I had special class for 2 years (1973 - 1975) then regular class (1970 - 1972 and 1976 -1979).
That time I had NO ASL since 1979 in the Fall from Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf.  I was 14 1/2 years old.
I loved school because I didn't drop out school until I did graduated.
 I did gave to my children good examples was their graduated as my footsteps.
It's very important education.


# Why Deaf School?

I should have Kindergraten to Grade 12 (2)  from Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf instead mainstreamed Bracebridge Public School.
I should have more friends than real world to now.
Because I was not isolated at class room, lunch time at cafeteria, senior girl's residence and school bus.
I can understand teachers used sign language instead speak behind their back and without lipread.









No comments:

Post a Comment