Saturday 19 September 2015

Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf History



     Ontario School for the Deaf
                             to
        Sir James Whitney School
                  1870 - Future
              350 Dundas St. W.
             Belleville, Ontario 

                   Before Old Sign:


                 After New Sign:


Before Old  Infirmary: I never been inside before because was closed this building before I was new school before 1979 to now.


After Old Infirmary: I was there when I was sick also I had Tuberculosis (TB).


Before Old Building:

Ontario Institution for the Education and Instruction
of the Deaf and Dumb (1870–1913);
Ontario School for the Deaf (1913–1974);
Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf (1974–Present)


After Now Building: I had been there many times for my school for 7 years plus fifth times for Reunions as well.


       Samuel Thomas Greene: 1843 - 1890 


                     Senior School


         Junior School and Residence: I never lived there before.

Senior Girl's Residence: I was lived upstairs for 3 years by 1980 - 1982 and downstairs for 2 years by 1982 - 1985.
I was lived in Mathison House for a year by 1985 - 1986.

MY COMMENTS: I remember in September  1980 - June 1986 when I was line up for lunch time at the hallway and the counsellor did passed someone's name from the mails and I got mail most of time was my Mum wrote a letters instead my Dad and my 2 sisters never wrote a letters to me and never get their own hands writing until my graduated also she did phoned me for once a week  from September 1980 - June 1983 at night time. 
Also my Nanna and Mr. Denniss did wrote a letters to me as well. 

I was lived in my Aunt and Uncle's house for a year by 1979 - 1980.
Totals are 7 years in Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf.

Senior Boy's Residence: I was visited at Senior Boy's Residence for 4 years.


                    Staff's Kitchen


The Cafeteria: That where I ate for my Breakfasts, Lunchs and Dinners as well.


Front Auditorium: I was there for my Graduated Day by grade 8 and Reunions as well.


                   Back Auditorium


                      At the Gym


                         The Wolf


     On the left side from Swimming Pool


  On the right side from Swimming Pool


              The Wolf from paints


           The Cheer Leader from paints


           Swimming Pool from paints


Audiological  and the offices: I went to Audiological many times for my hearing aid and once for training on the job before I was Graduated for a year.


The Fire Drills each buildings and each rooms as well.



Vocational Shop included are: Print Shop, Auto Body, Welding, Wood Shop and Upholstery Shop for once of each shops.

But at Senior School had another Vocational Shop included are: Beauty Culture, Sewing, Typing and Home Economic for 7 years.



In the Front of Building Water Fall on left side.


In the Front of Building Water Fall in right side.


No comments:

Post a Comment